The Wake up Call

We woke up listening to the untimely ring of the land phone! It was about 5 in the dawn! I kept listening to Ebie, who took the call! The deep sighs and dismay in her voice clearly told me that someone had passed away. In vain, I prayed and waited for something better from her tongue.

It was about a neighbor's death in Thrissur.

I'm particularly afraid of calls incoming early morning! I somehow feel that those are only to announce a dear one's death! They come only to keep us up on the bed, thinking the most painful thoughts. They come only to talk about someone's journey, a never ending journey.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Don't Miss a Post! Become a Subscriber!

Email here:

Delivered by FeedBurner

online counter

Followers

FANS of LIFE

LIFE Since My Life on Facebook

Grapewine


ShoutMix chat widget

Recent Comments